Welcome to the November 2023 edition of Compaction Catch Up, our monthly update on how the business is doing. We aim to show off our production capabilities as well as our superb team.
We have expanded our design room by just over double its original size to allow our Design Team to work more easily with the Manufacturing Team. Many bespoke designs we are asked to create require much collaboration and input from all departments before any parts are ordered.
As a bonus, the new room once completed will allow the large groups during the site visits to fit all at once.
We are waiting for the new office furniture to arrive at the beginning of December to get Mark back in his own office. Keep an eye on our socials for that.
Across the country Remembrance Day Parades happened on the 12th. Each year we sponsor a soldier silhouette on Verwood High Street, the money raised from local businesses sponsoring these soldiers goes to the Royal British Legion.
The Manufacturing Team and some of the office team completed a comprehensive Manual Handling Training Course and a select few remained in the training room to do their Fire Warden Training afterwards.
We regularly run these training courses to keep our teams up-to-date and confident in their jobs. They said the best bit was using the fire extinguishers!
- Our engineers have serviced 152 balers and compactors this month.
- Only 3 LOLER inspections this month.
- We completed 10 installs this month, but our workshop is full waiting, for mostly compactors, to get delivered before Christmas.
- We had to get another welder on our team so we could keep up with demand. We are happy to have Simon join our team along with his wealth of welding experience. You can see an example of his skill on the left.
- Our Marketing Team went to the B2B Marketing Expo in London in the last week of November. They came back with a lot of new ideas they are going to try in the new year.
- We have ordered a new metal-cutting guillotine for the workshop, this is due to arrive and be installed in mid-December.
- We have sponsored a local boxer, Jordan Bishop, who works for Waste Management Facilities, in his upcoming fight on the 9th of December in Bournemouth. We have been watching his training on Instagram and we think it will be an exciting match.